According to this article, only a third of people are actually happy with their jobs.
Why is this?
There could be all kinds of reasons why people hate their jobs so much. Do you hate yours? If so, why?
Possible reasons why people are unhappy at work
- Is job security a thing of the past? Years ago, it used to be that people could work for the same company for their entire career. Not anymore. Not only are companies tending to take on contractors and temporary staff, many people are getting made redundant after many years and they are not even being replaced. This means the remaining staff has to pick up the slack and work harder in order to get more done, which brings me onto my next point.
- Are long hours wearing us out? With so many companies struggling to make a decent profit, there are now fewer staff members doing more work. This means people are often working longer hours and struggling to get everything done. Not only that, many people look to do overtime to bring in extra money. As a result, many of us get worn out and stressed.
- Do you get rewarded for the work you put in? With most company structures, there are many low-level workers and only a few high-level positions. Sadly, this means that most people won’t get promoted to a high level within their company. This can leave you feeling frustrated and resentful if you feel like you have put in years of hard work and long hours only to feel stuck at a low level. Also, with companies struggling to turn a good profit, they may often be reluctant to give you that Christmas bonus.
- Are you getting paid enough? This relates to point 3 above. If you are like many people, you probably feel like the work you do is worth far more than the money you get paid each month. But what can you do?
- Are you bored? You would have thought that with technology doing many mundane tasks that humans used to do, we wouldn’t get so bored at work. The trouble is, many of us still get stuck in jobs that just don’t interest us.
When you put all these things together, it’s no wonder many people HATE THEIR JOBS.
Is there a way out of this?
Yes, there is actually. With the rise of the World Wide Web, the possibilities for self-employment have never been great. That’s not to say there aren’t pitfalls to look out for (read this if you’re worried about online scams), but even just due to the sheer number of people online these days, that’s a lot of potential customers.
If you were to work as hard on building up your own online business as you currently do in your awful job, you have every chance of being successful online. There are just a few key ingredients to online success:
- Decide on a good niche
- Build a website
- Get step-by-step training
- Give people the helpful content they are looking for
So, at the moment, you are stuck working hard in a job you are unhappy with. But if you take the above positive steps, and work at it just as hard, you can end up being your own boss.
Have you become so unhappy with your job that you would rather do almost anything else to earn money?
If that’s the case, you really do have my sympathy because I’ve been there myself. If you want to let off some steam and get your job frustrations off your chest, feel free to do it here.
If you are scared of taking a leap into the unknown, I want you to picture yourself in another 10 years, stuck in the same unhappy situation. What could be worse than that?
The truth is, you don’t even need to leave your current job to start building your own online business. So if that’s what you’re worried about, please let that thought go. Actually, you if you can spare just an hour a day, plus maybe some extra time at weekends, then you can easily get started. All you need is a computer connected to the internet and a desire to try something new.
Want help getting started making money online?
If you are totally new to earning money on the internet, I can help you get started. I’ve been making money online for a few years now, and I’ve learned a few things along the way. All you need to do is follow me and I will guide you. CLICK HERE to get started
Got any questions/comments?
If you have any questions or would just like to get in touch, please leave me a comment below and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Wishing you great success,