Overall Ranking: Okay
Price: $149 setup, $49 monthly
Okay, so I’m signed up to a Google alert for the search term “make money online”, and I recently got an alert about a new website called SellerBot. Apparently it’s a revolutionary new way to do drop shipping. So I decided to take a closer look at SellerBot to see what they offer and try to decide whether or not it is worth bothering with.
What is drop shipping?
Put simply, drop shipping is a method of selling products without needing to hold any stock yourself. Customers order products from you, and you pass the orders onto a wholesaler or manufacturer who then delivers the products directly to the customers.
Here is an illustration showing the process:
What is SellerBot.com?
SellerBot is a new service that provides you with a “fully automated drop shipping store with automated product sourcing, automated product content, automated price updates and more…”
Put simply, it goes like this:
- You decide what type of products you want to sell.
- You pay a setup fee to SellerBot.
- You chose a domain name for your new website.
- You choose your website design and products.
- SellerBot builds your website for you.
- You pay SellerBot a monthly fee.
- SellerBot maintains your website, including automatically updating products and prices.
What is included with SellerBot?
The aim with SellerBot is, for a fee, to take the time and hassle out of building and maintaining a drop shipping website. By paying the setup fee and regular monthly membership fee you get the following:
- Domain name (yourshopname.com).
- Website hosting.
- Choose from several great looking website designs.
- Website built for you.
- Access to thousands of suppliers (see image below).
- Products and prices are updated automatically.
- Blog/information area where you can write additional content to keep your website updated with fresh information.
- Access to support.
Some of the suppliers supported by SellerBot:
Are there any existing SellerBot websites?
SellerBot is so new that I could only find two websites powered by it:
- BallGown.co.nz – lots of dresses for various occasions. Personally, I think the website could do with some improvement, but to be fair it is very new.
- UniqueDesignerCollections.com – lots of jewelry. This looks better than the other website in my opinion.
I’m sure there must be others, but these are the only two that appeared to be indexed by Google at the time of writing this article.
What are the chances of making good money with a SellerBot website?
Because drop shipping removes the cost and hassle of storing and shipping products, this is certainly going to make things easier. SellerBot takes that a big step further by taking the time and hassle out of building and maintaining a drop shipping website.
Of course, how much money you might make from your SellerBot website is very much determined by three key factors:
- The type of products you sell.
- How much quality traffic you are able to get to your website.
- How competitive your prices are.
So, if you sell reasonably priced products that people genuinely want to buy, and you manage to get people to your website, then you will make money, no doubt about it. How much, it’s impossible to say.
How much does SellerBot cost?
Now, this may or may not look like quite a lot of money to you, but considering that they are building, hosting and maintaining a website for you, it’s really not that much. You’re basically paying a company to manage the majority of your business for you.
Is there a money-back guarantee?
Yes, but it only last 7 days.
In my opinion, this is too short. I think it would take most people far longer than 7 days to make a new drop shipping website a success, even if most of the work is done for you.
Is SellerBot worth the money?
I think it probably is, if you use it properly. I think many people might be disappointed if they think all they need to do is to set up this website and then site back and watch the money come in. You will need to make the traffic come to your website. So if you already know how to do that, and you just want the sales and website maintenance side of things to be done for you, it could be worth it for you.
Who should use SellerBot?
I think SellerBot is ideal for internet marketers who already know how to get traffic to websites and just want a way to quickly set up a website to drive that traffic to. Examples of ways to get traffic include:
- Targeted Pay Per Click adverts on search engines (must be careful not to lose money doing this).
- Social media marketing (must be careful not to be viewed as a spammer).
- Via well-written articles. Ways to do this include:
- Writing articles for good quality articles directories. then people will read these articles and may click through from those articles to your SellerBot website.
- Owning a separate blog on a related topic, which you can write great articles on, which can then feed through to your SellerBot website.
- Posting articles on the included news/blog section on your SellerBot website.
However, SellerBot is NOT suitable for:
- People who expect to just set this up and then sit back and watch the money come rolling in.
- People who want to learn about internet marketing (SellerBot won’t teach you that).
If you are a beginner…
DID YOU KNOW: You can make money from a website about one of your passions or interests? Yes, that’s right, you can. Surely you must have something you are interested in or passionate about? Whatever it is, you can create a high-quality website which really helps people. This builds people’s trust, and then they are more likely to trust the products you recommend.
Not sure where to start? I can help you. All you need to do is head over to my START HERE page.
If you have any comments or questions, please leave them below. I always answer all genuine comments.
Withing you great success,