Product Name: Paid Surveys at Home
Owners: Patricia Johnson or Kevin?
Price: $34 or $17
Overall Ranking: Bad
If you prefer not to read a whole bunch of text, you can instead watch my Paid Surveys at Home review video:
Who Actually Owns Paid Surveys at Home?
I couldn’t actually find any written information on their website about who owns Paid Surveys at Home, but other reviews I’ve seen all mention someone called Patricia Johnson. HOWEVER, the sales video on the 2nd page is voiced by a guy who says his name is Kevin.
So who is it? Patricia? Kevin? Both? Did it used to be Patricia but she sold it to Kevin? Or was Kevin just hired to do the video? This isn’t made clear, which is a bad sign.
What the Paid Surveys at Home Website Claims
While I don’t think that the average person is likely to earn much money from doing surveys, maybe some survey sites are better than others. For example, this looks less scammy than Take Surveys for Cash, which had a bunch of upsells.
How Much Can You Earn?
There is an earnings calculator on the page. I put in what I thought was realistic, and it said I could earn $2340 per year. Well, that’s okay, but it’s certainly not going to replace a full-time job.
Different “Home” Page with Fake Looking Photos
If you click “Home” on the main page, you get taken to a different page with some fake looking photos on it:
I don’t know about you, but that photo on the left looks like a posed stock library photo. Also, the photo on the right has been used on other websites.
Back on the First Page…
The first page actually looks rather straightforward and doesn’t show a lot of the signs of being a scam. There are not the usual in-your-face bold statements about huge earnings that will change your life forever. It all seems quite sensible really. But before you can find out any more information you have to give your name and email address:
After Giving Your Email Address…
You will be presented with a completely different page with an automatically playing video:
This is just a fairly standard sales video telling you that companies want to pay you for your opinions. Again, there’s nothing particularly over-the-top here. HOWEVER, if you try to close the page, you get a pop up message offering to reduce the price from $34 to $17. This is standard practice, because with it not being a physical product, they would rather you pay a smaller amount than completely lose the sale.
What Factors Would Indicate that it is Genuine?
- Does it sound realistic? – Sort of. While it is totally possible to earn money from doing surveys, I don’t think the average person will earn a huge amount.
- Do they admit it requires work? – Sort of. They admit that you actually have to take the surveys, but they make it seem easier, quicker and more profitable than it probably is.
- Do they sound genuine? – No. The video sounds like it was scripted and voiced by an actor, although I can’t be sure about this.
- Can you take a look inside? – No. They don’t show you what it will look like once you have signed up.
- Is there a free trial? – No. If you want to try this out then you will need to pay the money.
What Factors Would Indicate that it is a Scam?
- Are they trying to rush you? – No. There is no countdown timer or message saying you have to hurry up.
- Does it sound too good to be true? – Sort of. While it is totally possible to earn money from doing surveys, I don’t think the average person will earn a huge amount. I mean, are online surveys worth it? Probably not.
- Do they say you’ll get rich quickly? – No. I don’t think they actually claim you are going to get loads of money overnight.
- Are they secretive about how the money is made? – No. They are up-front that it requires completing surveys.
- Do they claim it’s never been seen before? – No. They don’t make the claim that this is some kind of revolutionary method.
- Does the video seem fake? – Yes. I think it has been scripted and voiced by an actor, but I cannot be 100% certain of that.
- Does it have fake looking testimonials? – Yes. The photos for the testimonials look like posed stock library photos.
- Do they claim it doesn’t require work? – Sort of. While they admit that you will need to actually complete the surveys, they make it sound like it’s easier than it really is.
Does Paid Surveys at Home Have Any Upsells?
What are Upsells?
This is when you pay for the main product and then immediately get hit with an offer for an additional product that they claim will really benefit you. It is a standard tactic among make money online scams.
Look at the Affiliates Page
On the affiliates page for Paid Surveys at Home I could not see any mention of upsells. It all looked pretty tame actually. However, there was a form to fill in with your details to get some more information. I filled it in with some fake details just to see what the next page contained.
Actually the 2nd affiliates page didn’t contain any information about upsells either. This doesn’t necessarily mean there aren’t any though. It just means I couldn’t find any evidence of them.
What are Other People Saying About Paid Surveys at Home?
- ScamXposer.com – “There are far better ways of earning a living”
- Affiliate-Sale.com – “10/100 – Scam!”
- OnlineMarketingWithVince.com – “Run away from Paid Surveys At Home. Trust me.”
- ComplaintsBoard.com – “They should be stopped!!! They’re making millions of the backs of honest people who just wanted to earn an extra buck. DISGUSTED…”
- Kirbys Marketing – “Essentially, what you get is a list of surveys you could apply to FOR FREE from the actual survey administrators’ websites.
Conclusion: is Paid Surveys at Home a Scam?
At first I thought it looked okay, even though I know paid surveys won’t make you rich. At first glance it doesn’t look as bad as some survey sites. However, once I started digging deeper and seeing what other people were saying, I realised that Paid Surveys at Home is a waste of your time.
Is There an Alternative?
Instead of chasing after “shiny objects” like this that promise you will make money quickly and easily but rarely live up to that promise, why don’t you build a great website that earns you money? If you are new to making money online, I can guide you through the process. CLICK HERE to get started
I hope you found this Paid Surveys at Home review helpful. If you have any comments or questions, please leave them below. I always answer all genuine comments.
Withing you great success,