Welcome to my Clickbank University review. I saw people talking about this so I decided to take a look to see what all the fuss was about.
Product Name: Clickbank University
Owners: Adam & Justin
Price: $47 per month + upsells
Overall Ranking: Bad
What their Website Claims
At the top of the sales page you will see the following headline:
At first, I thought that was them bragging that this was how many millionaires they had made so far. Actually, as I watched the video I realised that this is actually their goal – what they are hoping to achieve.
So anyway, I watched through the sales video:
To cut a long story short, it is a training course that shows you how to create your own product on Clickbank. For those that don’t know what Clickbank is, it is an online marketplace for digital products. Many of the well-known “make money online” schemes are sold via Clickbank, but so are many other digital products and ebooks.
They don’t claim this is a “get rich quick” scheme. Instead, it is a step-by-step course that takes you through everything you need to do to make money from your own digital product on Clickbank. Their aim is to get you earning $300-$500 per month to begin with, and then to help you steadily build it up to a full-time income. Hey, I’ve just realised, that is very similar to what is claimed in the Part Time Auction Income System.
How to Tell if Something is a Scam
Anyone who has tried to make money online will tell you that there is a high chance of getting scammed. When you search online for how to earn money online, the vast majority of the websites you will come across will be scams; and if they are not total scams then they often promise more than they deliver.
I wrote an article about this:
…or you can follow along with me as I assess Clickbank University against these criteria:
What factors would indicate that it is genuine?
- Does it sound realistic? – Yes. I know what Clickbank is, and I know it is perfectly reasonable to be able to learn how to create your own digital product to sell on Clickbank.
- Do they admit it requires work? – Sort of, although they say you should only work 1-2 hours per day in the beginning.
- Do they sound genuine? – I think so, but it’s not always easy to tell. I don’t think they look like actors.
- Can you take a look inside? – No. They don’t show you what it looks like before you sign up.
- Is there a free trial? – No. If you want to try it you are going to have to pay the full $47.
Positive signs score: 46%
What factors would indicate that it is a scam?
- Does it sound too good to be true? – No, I don’t think so. I think if I wanted to create my own digital product on Clickbank then this could work.
- Do they say you’ll get rich quickly? – No, they seem quite reasonable with their earning estimates. They say you will probably earn about $300-$500 per month, then building up to a full time income.
- Are they secretive about how the money is made? – No, they are clear that you earn money by creating a digital product that you sell through Clickbank.
- Do they claim it’s never been seen before? – No, they don’t actually claim this.
- Does the video seem fake? – I don’t think so, but it’s not always easy to tell.
- Do they claim it doesn’t require work? – No, they don’t actually claim this.
Negative signs score: 13%
What are other people saying about Clickbank University?
- OneMoreCupOf-Coffee.com – 9/10
- HonestOnlineMoney.com – 8/10
- JennifersPassion4InternetMarketing.com – 8/10
- OnlineMarketingWithVince.com – Good, but not perfect.
- WaysToAvoidAcamsOnline.com – 6.5/10
Are there any upsells?
In case you don’t know, an upsell is when you have already committed to buy a product and then you get presented with an one-time opportunity to buy an additional product.
Well, here’s what I found on the Clickbank University affililate resources page:
This shows that after you buy the main product for $47, you get presented with an offer for a Clickbank Website Builder for an additional $297. After that there is also the option to buy the Clickbank Advanced Masterclass for a further $97.
My question is: if those additional products are requred, why aren’t they part of the main product? You won’t get far without a website, so the website builder seems important. For the advanced masterclass, I think anything that calls itself a University needs to include advanced lessons.
So, adding all this up, you actually have to pay $441 for something that you originally thought was only going to cost you $47. It’s a deceptive way to get extra money out of people when they are at that point where they are in the buying mindset. They do this because it works, but I still think it’s wrong.
Is Clickbank University a Scam?
Clickbank university comes up quite well when assessed against the criteria I listed above. Also, many other websites mentioned it in positive terms. HOWEVER, one website pointed out that they have some very unethical business practices. Apparently they steal customers from their own merchants to sell their own products. Also, considering the huge upsells, I really do have to mark it down a lot for that. So, for these reasons, my final rating for Clickbank university is:
I hope you found my Clickbank university review helpful. If you have any comments or questions, please leave them below. I always answer all genuine comments.
Withing you great success,