Does Wealthy Affiliate work? This is a question that a lot of people ask, and the answer is yes, but there are a few things I need to make clear. You see, it really depends on how you approach it, and what your definition of “does it work” is.
- First: Some Cold, Hard Truth
- What Wealthy Affiliate is Not About
- What Wealthy Affiliate IS all About
- What Wealthy Affiliate Teaches You
- How To Promote Amazon Products On Your Blog
- How To Make Money From eBay
- Real Wealthy Affiliate Success Stories
- So, Does Wealthy Affiliate Work?
Let’s get one thing straight:
Wealthy Affiliate is not going to make you rich overnight. It is also not going to build your business for you. If you are asking the question “does Wealthy Affiliate work?” you need to be clear on what you mean by that. If by that you mean “is Wealthy Affiliate going to make me rich overnight?” then no, Wealthy Affiliate does not work.
- Learning how to scam other people out of their money.
- Setting up some automated software that you just click a few buttons on and then it earns money on autopilot.
- Learning sneaky loopholes that will get you short-term results that don’t last.
- Learning how genuine affiliate marketing works.
- Finding great niches.
- Setting up great websites.
- Writing great content for those websites.
- Getting your websites to show up in the Google search results.
- Earning money when someone clicks from your website through to another website to buy a product.
When you first join Wealthy Affiliate for free, you click the “Getting Started” button, which takes you to Level 1 of the course:
This contains 10 lessons, which you can do as a free member, and covers the following topics:
- Getting Rolling!
- Understanding How to Make Money Online
- Choose a Niche
- Building Your OWN Website
- Setting Up Your Website
- Getting Your Site Ready for SEO
- Finding Content Ideas from Keywords
- Understand Website Pages
- Creating Quality Website Content
- Your Next Steps
So those first 10 lessons are free. They aren’t going to teach you everything you ned to know, but they will get you off to a good start. It also means you get to try it all out for free and see whether you like it enough to continue.
In total, there are 5 levels to the course:
- Getting Started (free lessons as listed above)
- Building Your Own Traffic Producing Website
- Making Money!
- Mastering Social Engagement
- Achieving Maximum Success Through Content Creation
One of the things that they teach on Wealthy Affiliate is that you can make money by linking to Amazon. In case you didn’t know, Amazon has their own affiliate program which you can join. You can then have related content on your website, and when people click through from your website to Amazon and buy something, you get a commission.
The great thing is, Amazon is so full of all kinds of products, there are thousands of niches to choose from on there.
Again, eBay also has an affiliate program, and you can earn lots of money by linking to eBay products. As with Amazon, there are millions of products on eBay in many different niches, so you are never stuck for something to build a site around. Some people prefer buying from Amazon, some people prefer buying from eBay. Either way, they are both huge sites that people buy from every day, so why not get a slice of that huge pie?
I did a quick search on WA for “sales” and here are some that it came up with:
There is also a Success section on the front page, and here are some examples from there:
The great thing about the training at Wealthy Affiliate is that it is step-by-step, so it’s really easy to follow. Also, every lesson ends with some actionable tasks for you to complete, which will take you closer towards your goal. This means that by the time you finish all 5 levels of the training, you will have done all these tasks after being shown exactly how. By then you will have a website that is coming along nicely.
If you have chosen a good niche, and you have gone through the training, and then continue to build content on your website, you will almost certainly succeed eventually. How much money you earn varies depending on your choice of niche, how competitive it is, how good your content is, etc.
But ultimately, if you want to learn how to build a website that can make money by promoting other people’s products, this is the best place to learn it.
Got any questions/comments?
I know how confusing it can be when you are first starting out in the affiliate marketing game. Several years ago I was in exactly the same position. So if you need any help or have any questions that weren’t as answered here, please post a comment below and I will reply as soon as I can.
Wishing you great success!